Saturday, July 18, 2009

Canberra...a cross between DC and New Orleans

Many people have asked me "Why did you go to Canberra?"
I'm not sure what the answer is...but it is somewhere between:
1. Wanting to add another state/territory to my list of Australian locations visited
2. Seeing the Australian capital city
3. Determining if it's really boring (as everyone says)
4. Bill Bryson's writing on the city

Here's a little tip if you ever visit the place: the bars stay open until after 2 am. While most people find this fact exciting, this little Texas girl couldn't understand why she was still being served at 4 am...and her liver revolted the next day (not to mention her head!).

Alas, a shower, brekky, and sunnies made a trip to Parliament House and the War Memorial possible. Friends helping me act like a crazy tourist made it memorable!

Enjoy the photos of my last road trip in Oz:































No comments: